While the Internet can be a boon for businesses, internet Law is the Wild West of the law. Because many internet law issues are unprecedented, internet law matters require a skilled and experienced attorney to navigate through the ever-changing maze of cases, statute, regulations (and even international law).
Centre’s Internet Law and Technology Practice covers a broad range of topics related to the law of the internet. While much of internet law involves the application of more traditional areas of law (such as copyright law, trademark law, and defamation law) to the internet, there are many pitfalls that attorneys without Internet law related experience may not know. This is why it is important to consider a firm with attorneys who have internet law experience.
What makes Centre’s Internet Law and Technology Practice ideal is that its attorneys not only have internet law experience, but also have complex commercial litigation experience and business law experience. As such, we can offer a comprehensive view of the legal landscape coupled with the expertise required in the ever-changing world of Internet law.
Centre’s Internet Law and Technology Practice provides services to businesses of all sizes in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to:
- Copyright Violations and Protection. Centre’s attorneys have experience in protecting your copyrights or defending companies or individuals accused of violating another company’s copyrights.
- Trademark Infringement and Protection. Centre’s attorneys have experience protecting a company’s trademarks and defending companies accused of violating another’s trademark.
- Litigation. No matter the internet law related issue, Centre’s attorneys can represent companies in various state and federal courts. Centre’s attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience appearing in various state and federal courts.
- Social Media Consulting. The issues brought by the rise of social media websites are too numerous to count. Social media itself is complicated by the fact that input into the websites is essentially decentralized and up to individual users.
- Online Defamation and Harassment. Online defamation and harassment can be catastrophic for businesses and individuals. Corporations of all sizes and even some celebrities have consulted with Centre’s attorneys on how to best deal with online defamation.
- Trade Secret Protection. The internet has opened up a new can of worms when it comes to the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Spam. While it may annoy some of those who receive it, e-mail advertisements are the lifeblood of many businesses and it is important to ensure your business it is in compliance with the appropriate acts prohibiting certain spam practices. Centre can help with that.
- Unfair Business Practices. Unfair business practices are nothing new. However, use of the Internet to promulgate these practices is a new and even graver threat. Centre’s attorneys have experience with unfair business practices litigation.
- Hacking and Unauthorized Access. Hacking and unauthorized access is a growing problem in the business world. Especially vulnerable are small and medium sized businesses which do not have the resources to guard against rogue employees, outsiders, or even business partners from compromising businesses through hacking or unauthorized access.
- Domain Name Disputes and Cybersquatting. Is someone holding your domain name for ransom? Centre’s attorneys have experience dealing with cybersquatters.
While an attorney or law firm can never promise results to a client, we can promise that we will bring our dedication and experience to your matter. This dedication and experience has led celebrities and multi-million dollar corporations alike to contact us with their internet law issues. Please contact Eric S. Crusius, Esq. via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (703) 288-2800 should you have any questions.
Centre Law Group is located at: 1953 Gallows Road, Suite 650, Vienna, VA 22182