Dov Szego, Esq.
Dov has represented clients ranging from Internet start-ups to multinational corporations. Prior to coming to Centre, Dov worked with the Dozier Internet Law firm until the death of John W. Dozier, Jr., focusing his practice on technology and Internet related disputes such as Internet defamation, copyright, and trademark matters in state and federal courts around the country.
Dov has extensive trial experience including numerous first-chair jury trials, as well as years of experience representing corporations before administrative agencies. Dov’s recent accomplishments include:
- Assisted in resolution of a protracted lawsuit between an Internet host and e-business regarding alleged violation of a hosting contract;
- Assisted in resolution of a dispute between a multinational corporation and an e-retailer involving alleged counterfeiting and passing-off;
- Defended an Internet start-up in a dispute over alleged copyright infringement; and
- Assisted in resolution of a dispute over false-advertising and false descriptions of origin between two e-retailers.
Apart from his experience in litigation and Internet law, Dov has taught college-level legal courses for paralegals, published a bench-book with the National Center for State Courts regarding addressing the issues raised by domestic “fringe-groups,” and briefed the United States Supreme Court on behalf of Associated Pantheist Groups as amici curiae in the Elk Grove Unified School Dist. v. Newdow matter regarding prayer in public schools.
Awards and Activities:
- BA with Distinction, Major in Psychology with Economics concentration, University of Virginia
- Alumni-Scholarship, Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary
- Research Assistant to Professor Neil Devins, Constitutional Law
- Co-Author and Co-Editor, The Anti-Government Movement Guidebook for the National Center for State Courts.
- United States Supreme Court, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- JD, Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
- BA, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.