Eric S. Crusius, Esq.
Eric, a Partner at Centre, was recently named a Virginia Super Lawyers’ Rising Star; an honor given to only the top 2.5% of attorneys by Super Lawyers Magazine. Eric has also recently been quoted in Investor’s Business Daily and the Washington Business Journal concerning internet and technology issues. In addition, Eric’s cases have appeared in the Washington Business Journal and the New York Daily News, among others. Besides litigating landmark cases, Eric is a frequent lecturer on internet and technology issues, having appeared before the American Bar Association, industry groups such as the National Contract Management Association, and government agencies. Eric also recently obtained one of the largest state court verdicts in Virginia in a case thought to be so unwinnable that the opposing party did not offer one penny to settle.
Eric also specializes in representing government contractors. His biography and accomplishments in that area are found here.
Eric’s other recent accomplishments in representing businesses of all sizes across a spectrum of different internet law and technology issues issues include the following:
- Obtained an ex parte emergency temporary restraining order in federal court against an individual who had been allegedly sabotaging her employer’s computer network pursuant to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act;
- Recently obtained a federal jury verdict in favor of a company alleging various computer crimes including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Successfully obtained a consent dismissal of a trademark litigation against a large internet retailer;
- In a case brought pursuant to the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act of 1999 and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, obtained an injunction (and judgment) requiring the transfer of a domain name back to our client, a major internet shopping portal;
- Successfully defended a well known real estate portal accused of stealing a competitor’s web site code and violating the Copyright Act;
- Counseled a well known celebrity regarding online defamation issues;
- Successfully represented one of the world’s largest hosting companies in a lawsuit involving the theft of a well known website; and
- Represented numerous clients in courts across the country regarding various defamation issues.
The following is a sampling of reported cases Eric has been involved in:
- Axiom Resource Management v. Alfotech, —F.Supp.— (E.D.Va. 2012)
- Tech Systems, Inc. v. Pyles, —F.Supp.— (E.D.Va. 2012)
- Thomas Computer Solutions, Inc. v. L-3 (Virginia, 2010)
- Terry v. Ashcroft, 336 F.3d 128 (2d Cir 2003)
- Peters v. Baldwin Union Free Sch. Dist., 320 F.3d 164 (2d Cir 2002)
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Ass’n of N.Y. v. City of New York, 310 F.3d 43 (2d Cir 2002)
- Gutman v. Klein, — F.Supp.2d — (E.D.N.Y. 2010)
- Euro-Cut, Inc. v. Futersak, 476 F. Supp.2d 218 (E.D.N.Y. 2007)
- FragranceNet.com, Inc. v. FragranceX.com, Inc., 68 A.D.3d 1051 (2d Dep’t 2009)
- Washington Group, LLC, v. Adams, 2008 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2727 (2d Dep’t 2008)
- Adams v. Washington Group, LLC, 2008 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2788 (2d Dep’t 2008)
- Levin v. Isayeu, 27 A.D.3d 425 (2d Dep’t 2006)
- Gutman v. Klein, 26 A.D.3d 464 (2d Dep’t 2006)
- Walker v. Caldor, Inc., 309 A.D.2d 859 (2d Dep’t 2003)
- Mendez v. Town of Islip, 307 A.D.2d 917 (2d Dep’t 2003)
- Antoniadis v. Stamatopoulos, 300 A.D.2d 84 (1st Dep’t 2002)
- Dono v. Bar Biz Rest. & Equip. Corp., 292 A.D.2d 494 (2d Dep’t 2002)
- Lahage v. Batrouni, 289 A.D.2d 301 (2d Dep’t 2001)
While every problem is unique – especially when the Internet is involved – our breadth of experience will allow us to expertly guide your matter. Contact Centre by e-mailing Eric directly or filling out this form: