Taylor has a wealth of Internet law experience. Prior to coming to Centre, Taylor worked with the Dozier Internet Law firm for over four years until the passing of its founder, John W. Dozier, Jr. Taylor has experience dealing with copyright infringement, trademark infringement, domain name dispute, online privacy, contract, and defamation matters as they relate to the Internet.
Practical Internet Law Experience
- Analyzing websites and performing relevant research regarding Internet related disputes such as copyright infringement, trademark infringement, and defamation matters
- Drafting trademark and copyright registration applications for various Internet companies
- Preparing Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Takedown Notices for service on web hosts of infringing websites
- Preparing Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (“UDRP”) Complaints for filing with the National Arbitration Forum (“NAF”) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (“WIPO”)
- Assisting with the transfer of domain names between parties after a dispute
- Preparing pleadings for filing with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”)
- Drafting cease and desist and demand letters to opposing parties
- Drafting settlement agreements between parties
- Drafting and analyze website contracts including Privacy Policies and User Agreements
- Analyzing claims on websites for FTC compliance
Taylor also travels to industry trade shows promoting the firm and its services. Feel free to approach him at any trade show and ask him about his experience as well as what Centre can offer you and your business.
- Paralegal Certification, Old Dominion University
- BA, Hampden-Sydney College – Psychology