Sometimes the very existence of your business is dependent on the outcome of a lawsuit. No matter how high the stakes, Centre’s attorneys have the experience and creativity to handle your matter economically and enable you to concentrate on running and growing your business.
Centre’s attorneys have more than 70 years experience representing businesses of all sizes in federal and state courts across the country. We have handled numerous types of litigations and can handle: intellectual property (copyright and trademark) litigation; defamation litigation; trade secret litigation; unfair business practices litigation; hacking and unauthorized access litigation; domain name disputes and cybersquatting; and social media related litigation.
While we hate to brag and past successes do not necessarily guarantee future results, we think it is important that you know about some of our attorneys’ past successes to give you a better idea of what we can do for you. For example, our attorneys:
- obtained an injunction (and judgment) requiring the transfer of a domain name back to our client; a major internet shopping portal in a case brought pursuant to the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act of 1999 and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act;
- successfully defended a well-known real estate portal accused of stealing Internet code from a competitor’s web site;
- prosecuted a case against a web site that contained defamatory remarks about our client;
- successfully dismissed a $10 million punitive damages claim brought against a well-known online retailer;
- represented one of the world’s largest website hosting companies in federal court, which was accused of improperly allowing an unauthorized user to access and change a website;
- represented a multi-million dollar internet retailer accused of misappropriating a competitor’s intellectual property and successfully discovered wrongdoing by the competitor; and
- counseled celebrities and multi-million dollar companies regarding litigation strategies in internet defamation actions.
The above is just a sampling of what our attorneys have done. Our firm is ideal, in that our attorneys do not just have extensive internet law expertise, but also have experience handling a wide breadth of business law related matters. This experience gives us a unique perspective that enables us to explore your internet law-related matter from a number of different angles.
Please contact Eric S. Crusius, Esq. via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (703) 288-2800 should you have any questions.